Paper code: 13514
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 2.2
SYSTEM PROGRAMMING AND MICROPROCESSOR
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) Differentiate between high level language and machine level language.
(b) Draw and explain general machine structure.
2. (a) Explain one pass and two pass assembler in detail.
(b) Write short notes on following terms:
- Program input output
- Masking memory
3. (a) Explain architecture to 8 bit microprocessor.
(b)Describe the following terms:
- Address bus
- Control bus
4. (a) Explain different types of addressing mode.
(b) List out different types of operating system, explain any one in detail.
5. (a) What do you understand by interrupt, list out some name of interrupt with brief description?
(b) Define the role of bus in computer, also discuss data and control bus.
6. (a) What do you understand by memory mapped I/O and Interfacing Memory? (b) What is the basic function of operating system?
7. (a) Differentiate between subroutine linkage and relocating direct linking.
(b) Explain memory interfacing in detail.