Paper code: 13514
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 2.2
SYSTEM PROGRAMMING AND MICROPROCESSOR
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) What is the importance of system software in a computer system?
(b) How will you classify a software as either an application software or a system software?
2. (a) Mention some advantage of assembly language over machine language.
(b) What are assembler directives in assembly language? Illustrate with an example the importance of assembler directives.
3. (a) Draw and explain the detailed flowchart for pass-2 of two-pass assembler.
(b)Explain briefly the different phases of a compiler.
4. (a) Define the following:
- Execution time
- Compile time
(b) Define address bus, data bus and control bus.
5. (a) Why the feature is putting “Break points” very importance in debuggers?
(b) Explain absolute loader scheme with its advantages and disadvantages.
6. (a) Write short notes on the following:
- Dynamic loading
- Dynamic linking
(b) What do you mean by A/D conversion? Explain any one of the A/D techniques.
7. (a) Explain data addressing modes (with explains) available in microprocessors.
(b) Define the following:
- Isolated I/O
- Memory mapped I/O