Printed Pages: 02 Sub Code: RCA402
Paper Id: 214422 Roll No. _____________________
(SEM IV) THEORY EXAMINATION 2017-18
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 70
Note: Attempt all Sections. If require any missing data; then choose suitably.
1. Attempt all questions in brief. 2 x 7 = 14
- Define Radio wave.
- Define Protocol. Give the need for Protocol Leayering.
- Explain Nyquist Bit Rate.
- Write about CSMA/CD Protocol.
- Explain burst error.
- Write about Socket?
- Differentiate between Symmetric Key Encryption and Asymmetric Key Encryption.
2. Attempt any three of the folloing: 7 x 3 = 21
- What is the switching? Briefly explain different Methods of Switching.
- Define Data Communication. Describe Fundamental characteristics of Data Communication.
- Briefly explain about IP Addressing. Differentiate between classful addressing and classless addressing.
- What is congestion? Define congestion control with a suitable Example.
- Briefly Explain Electronic mail system. Differentiate between POP3 and IMAP protocol.
3. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- What is Network topology? Explain differnent types of topologies.
- Explain Transmission media. Differntiate guided media from unguided media.
4. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Describe humming code. how it is used for error detection and correction? Illustrate with the help of a suitable example.
- A classless address is given as 18.104.22.168/27. Find the
- The number of addresses in the network
- First address
- Last address
5. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Explain any two connecting devices: hubs, link-layer switches, and routers.
- What are the performance measure criteria of a Network? Explain.
6. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Explain any two protocol.
- Define Connectionless and Connnection-Oriented Protocols.
7. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Define Cryptography. List four Cryptography Primitives.
- Define Application-Layer Paradigms.