Paper Code: 13508
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 3.2
COMPUTER AND PERIPHERAL DEVICES
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all section one question from each Section. All question carry equal marks.
1. (a) What are the basic operations performed by the computer?
(b) Define ALU, CU and CPU.
2. (a) What is input device? Briefly describe various important input devices.
(b) Write a note on Computer language and its classification.
3. What do you understand by memory in computer system? Explain their application in brief.
4. (a) Explain the cache memory in detail.
(b) Discuss the difference between RAM and ROM.
5. (a) What is an operating system? List the major Components/modules of general purpose operating system software.
(b) Explain the features of DOS operating system.
6. Differentiate between time sharing and multiprogramming operating system.
7. (a) What is meant by superscalar processor?
(b) How is instruction level parallelism achieved?
8. Discuss the following:
- Symmetric Multiprocessor
- MIPS R10000
9. (a) What are motherboards? Write some characteristics of Intel 810 motherboard?
(b) Explain serial and parallel port.
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
- Output devices
- Virtual memory