Paper code: 13513
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 2.1
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all. Attempt one question from each unit.
1. (a) Define the following types of operating systems:
- Batch O.S.
- Real Time O.S.
- Multiprocessor O.S.
(b) What are different services provided by any operating system?
2. (a) Explain the different types of file access methods.
(b) Define the following terms:
3. (a) Give difference between a program and a process.
(b)Draw and explain the process states.
4. (a) Explain Round-Robin CPU-scheduling algorithm.
(b) Which scheduling algorithm among FCFS, SJF and Round-Robin is best and why?
5. (a) How is paging different from segmentation?
(b) What are Bare Machines?
6. Describe the term “Resident Monitor” and explain it with proper example.
7. What are various conditions due to which a deadlock occur? Explain in detail.
8. (a) Elaborate the deadlock avoidance techniques.
(b) Define resource allocation graph.
9. (a) What are various policies to implement resource protection?
(b) What are main functions performed by a router?
10. (a) Define the following terms:
(b) List down the steps required for installing windows NT.