Paper code: 13517
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 3.2
BUSINESS DATA PROCESSING
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Question No. 7 is compulsory.
1. (a) What do you mean by business system ? Explain major business functions.
(b) What is information system ? Explain its role in management services. 4,3
2. (a) What do you mean by a project ? Explain its feasibility analysis.
(b) What do you mean by perifheral devices ? Explain various peripherial devices used in business processing. 4,3
3. What is COBOL ? Write structure of COBOL program and explain. 7
4. Explain the following COBOL features :
(iii) Updation 7
5. (a) What is DBMS ? How it differs from normal flat file system ?
(b) Explain logic model for DBMS with a neat diagram. 4,3
6. (a) Write any two DDL and DML used in relation models.
(b) What is hashing ? Explain. 4,3
7. Explain multiple key retrieval and inverted file system in detail. 5