Paper Code: 13508
B.sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 3.2
COMPUTER AND PERIPHERAL DEVICES
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all section one question from each Section.
1. (a) Draw and explain the block diagram of computer.
(b) How can one solve a decision making problem with the help of computer? Explain.
2. Enumerate and explain three input devices and three output devices.
3. Draw a neat diagram to represent memory hierarchy, also explain each component of it.
4. Differentiate between the following:
- Hit ratio and Page fault.
- RAM and ROM
- Auxiliary memory and Associative memory
5. (a) Explain the function of Operating System.
(b) Define the following:
Partitioning of hard disk
6. Explain the following:
- Batch operating system
- Multiprocessing operating system
- Time sharing operating system
7. (a) Discuss various design issues of Processor.
(b) Discuss the following:
- Ultra SPARC-II
8. Differentiate the following:
- Uni processor vs. Multiprocessor
- Scalar vs. Vector
- Symmetric vs. Asymmetric processor
9. Define and enumerate the characteristics of the following motherboard:
Intel 810 and Intel 815
Discuss various slots of motherboard
10. (a) Compare and contrast between serial and parallel ports.
(b) Write short notes on the following:
- SCSI hard disk