Paper Code: 13508
B.sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 3.2
COMPUTER AND PERIPHERAL DEVICES
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt all the five questions in all section one question from each Section.
1. (a) Draw the block diagram of simple modal of computer. 3
(b) Write down the characteristics of computer. 3
2. Explain the following I/O devices: 6
- Light pen
3. (a) What is memory unit? What is the need of memory unit in a computer?
(b) Differentiate between primary memory and secondary memory.
4. (a) What is cache memory? Also explain the requirement of cache.
(b) Differentiate between magnetic disk and optical disk.
5. (a) What is Operating System? Discuss the function of Operating system.
(b) Give the idea of physical construction formatting.
6. (a) Explain the seek time, latency and throughput in reference of secondary storage devices.
(b) Explain the following terms:
- Time sharing
7. (a) Discuss the organization of a microprocessor.
(b) Discuss the design issues of the following:
(1) Power PC
(2) MIPS R10000
8. (a) Explain the addressing modes of Pentium II processor.
(b) What do you understand by Symmetric Multiprocessors?
9. (a) What is Motherboard? Discuss various slots available on it.
(b) Differentiate between serial port and parallel port.
10. (a) Discuss the organization of Intel 810.
(b) What is RAID? Discuss various levels of RAID.