Paper Code: 13506
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 2.3
BASIC PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS USING C
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 34
Note: Attempt five questions in all selecting at least one question from each Section.
1. (a) What is programming Language? Discuss history of C language.
(b) What is data type? Explain in detail.3,4
2. (a) How integer and float conversions take place in C language? Explain with suitable example.4
(b) Explain any three of the following :
(iv) Identifiers 3
3. Write a Program to print Matrics Multiplication using Recursion.7
4. (a) What is header file? Explain any four header files in C-programming Language.
(b) What is Operator ? Explain in brief.4,3
5. (a) What is Loop? Write a Program to print reverse the digit using while loop.
(b) What is Control statement ? Explain Goto and Continue with syntax.3,4
6. What is Recursion ? Write a program to find Factorial of a given number.7
7. What is function in C ? Explain Function Prototyping in C programming language.7
8. (a) Differentiate between ‘Structure’ and ‘Union’. Which one is the best ? Give comment.
(b) Write a program to traverse a 2 dimension matrix using pointer.4,3
9. (a) What is Array ? Write a program to sort the element of given array.
(b) What is dynamic memory allocation ? Explain with examples.3,3
10. (a) What are the storage classes in C programming language ? Explain in detail.3
(b) Write short notes on the following tree :
(i) File Handling
(ii) Binary and sequential files
(iii) Switch Statement
(iv) Nested if else statement 3