Paper code: 13517
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 3.2
BUSINESS DATA PROCESSING
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) Describe the business system and its major business function.
(b) What do you mean by cost/benefit analysis? Example with proper example.
2. (a) Write full form of “COBOL” and using a small program describe its program structure.
(b) How to perform table-handling in COBOL?
3. (a) Differentiate master files and transaction files.
(b) How to carry out file-processing in COBOL?
4. (a) What do you mean by DBMS? Write down various data base design approaches.
(b) Define “Schema” by taking examples of a student.
5. (a) Explain the terms:
(b) Write a small code in COBOL to illustrate its program structure involving input-output and data transfer verbs.
6. (a) Draw and explain relation and network data models.
(b) What are various techniques to perform hashing?
7. Write short notes on any three of the following:
- Information system
- Feasibility and indexed sequential files
- Normal forms
- Inverted file systems