Paper code: 13504
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 2.1
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all section. Attempt any one question from each Section.
- (a) What is Algorithm? Explain. Discuss various characteristics of Algorithm.
(b) Draw and explain computer with a block diagram.
- (a) Convert the following:
- (24)10 = (?)2
- (24.6)7 = (?)10
- (1111001)2 = (?)16
- (1111001)2 = (?)BCD
(b) Explain ASCII Code.
(c) How can one represent characters in computers? Explain.
- (a) Draw and explain memory hierarchy with a neat diagram.
(b) Differentiate between RAM and ROM.
- (a) Explain the following memory units.
- CD ROM
- Magnetic Tape Drives
- Floppy disk
- Tape Drives
(b) What do you mean by memory cell? Explain.
- (a) What do you understand by registers? Briefly explain the various types of registers.
(b) Explain stack pointer. Also write its importance in program execution.
- Explain different addressing modes used in computer architecture with suitable example.
- (a) What are the basic functions of an operating system? Explain.
(b) Explain various kinds of operating system.
- Discuss various generations of computer with few examples of each generation of computers.
- Explain the role and uses of computers in various areas in brief.
- Write short notes on any two of the following:
- Polish notation
- Operating system characteristics
- Number system
p style=”text-align: center;”>……………End……………