Paper code: 13509
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 3.3
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 34
Note: Attempt five questions in all selecting at least one question from each Unit.
1. (a) Define the term “Computer Architecture”. What are various functional units in a computer system?
(b) Define “registers”
2. What is the role played by control unit in a computer system? Draw the diagram of a control unit and explain.
3. How RISC machines are different from CISC? Give examples of both types of machines.
4. (a) How fixed point addition is performed? Explain with e.g.
(b) Explain the fixed point multiplication algorithm.
5. (a) Explain the working of DMA in detail using neat diagram.
(b) Describe various types of Interrupts.
6. Give a detailed description about 8085 processor.
7. (a) What are different types of program loops? Explain with proper examples.
(b) Define the term “Macros”.
8. (a) What are the features of an assembly language?
(b) Write a small code to represent the role of assembly language.
9. Explain the concept of pipe-lining.
10. Explain briefly any two of the following:
- Instruction cycle
- Vectors processing
- Cache memory
- Main memory