Paper Code: 13507
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 3.1
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt all the five questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. Describe the binary logic. Write down the Kirchhoff’s current and voltage laws.
2. (a) Differentiate low-pass and high-pass filters.
(b) Explain the superposition-theorem with their example.
3. (a) How oscillator is different from multivibrators.
(b) Write clearly about transformer relays describing its working.
4. (a) What are various BJTS-characteristics?
(b) Draw a well labelled block diagram of a power supply transformer.
5. (a) Obtain Thevenin’s and Norton’s equivalent circuit between ‘x’ and ‘y’ for the following network:
(b) Write down the operating-principle of SMPS.
6. (a) Explain the difference between summing and difference amplifier.
(b) Define the following terms:
- LED with photodiode
- LED with traditional diode
- Write short notes on any two of the following:
- PN-junction diodes
- Monostable multivibrators
- OP-AMP with black box concept
- Clipping and Clamping circuits