Paper code: 13514
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 2.2
SYSTEM PROGRAMMING AND MICROPROCESSOR
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) Desribe the different component of system software.
(b) Differentiate between machine language and assembly language. 3,2
2. (a) Explain general machine structure with the help of diagram.
(b) Define the following terms :
(iii) Data instruction 4,3
3. (a) Briefly explain the different phases of a compiler.
(b)Explain component of programming system. 4,3
4. (a) What do you mean by the term instruction frms and execution timing ?
(b) Explain handshake with the help of diagram. 4,3
5. (a) Explain different types of interrupt with example.
(b) Explain addressing modes in 8 bit micrprocessor (8085). 4,3
6. (a) How many address lines are there in 8085 micro processor ? Explain each.
(b) What are the types of general purposes registers in 8085 ? Briefly explain it.4,3
7. (a) Write short notes on any four of the following :
(iii) Masking memory
(v) Operating system software
(vi) Binder, linker
(b) Explain architecture of 8086 with the help of diagram.4,3