- Printed Pages: 02 Sub Code: RCAA02
Paper Id: 214425 Roll No. _____________________
(SEM IV) THEORY EXAMINATION 2017-18
Fundamental of Data Structure Numerical and Computational Theory
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 70
Note: 1. Attempt all Sections. If require any missing data; then choose suitably.
1. Attempt all questions in brief. 2 x 7 = 14
- What are arrays? Explain the types with suitable example?
- Define the Insertion Sort and Bubble Sort with its complexity analysis?
- What is Binary Search Tree? How Insertion and Deletion Performed in BST?
- Define Curve Fitting? Explain principle of Least Squares?
- How do you find the complexity of an algorithm?
- Define a NFA and compute its language?
- What are regular expressions and why they are used?
2. Attempt any three of the folloing: 7 x 3 = 21
- What are Linked Lists? How insertion and Deletion performed in Linked Lists, Explain?
- By the method of least squares, find the straight line that best fits the following data:
- Define: (1) Chomsky Hierarchy and (2) Turning Machine Model?
- Explain any two of the following in detail:
- Lexical phase errors
- Syntactic phase errors
- Semantic phase errors.
- Discuss the algorithm for constructing a NFA from a regular expression and then converting it to the corresponding DFA?
3. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- What is data structure? List out the areas where data strucutures are applied extensively?
- Define: Two Way Merge Sort and Two-Way Header List?
4. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Define Heap Sort with the complexity analysis? Compare Merge Sort and Heap Sort?
- What is a data type? Find the difference between primitive, Non-primitive, abstract and polymorphic data types.
5. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- What are regressions? Explain Linear and Non-Linear Regressions?
- Write an algorithm for fitting a straight line of the form for a given set of data points?
6. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Define: Chi-square test, t-test and F-test with its applications?
- What are forecasting models and why these models are used?
7. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Eleminate left recursion and left factor the following grammar.
- Draw NFA for the regular expression