Paper code: 13514
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 2.2
SYSTEM PROGRAMMING AND MICROPROCESSOR
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) Differentiate application software and system software with examples.
(b) What are two advantages and two disadvantages of high level language?
2. (a) Describe one pass-assemble and two pass-assembler with diagram.
(b) Define the following terms:
3. (a) Give the architecture of 8-bit microprocessor (8085).
(b) How 8085 is different from 8086 microprocessor?
4. (a) What do you mean by the term addressing mode? Explain its types.
(b) Describe the programmed I/O.
5. (a) Elaborate the concept of interrupt.
(b) What do you mean by the term “BUS”? How address bus is different from data bus?
6. (a) How any compiler works? Explain its phases.
(b) Give difference between assembler and amplifier.
7. (a) Write short notes on any four of the following:
- Instruction format
- Machine level language
- Octal number system
- Debug monitors
- Operating system software
(b) What are the software tools for program entry and testing?