Paper Code: 13506
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 2.3
BASIC PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS USING C
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 34
Note: Attempt five questions in all selecting at least one question from each Section.
1. (a) Explain different data types using in C.
(b) Explain the following:
- Nested loops
- Variables and constants
2. (a) Explain with example break statement and continue statements.
(b) Write a programme in C to generate Fibonacci series.
3. (a) Explain Bitwise operator and Relational operators.
(b) Write a programme in C to find the roots of a quadratic equation.
4. (a) What is Array? Explain different types of array with example.
(b) Using recursion find the factorial of a positive number.
5. (a) Explain user defined function and library function with examples.
(b) Write a C programme to count the vowels from a given string.
6. (a) Differentiate between array of pointer and pointer to pointer.
(b) What do you mean by array of structure? Explain with example.
7. (a) Explain the following:
- Malloc () function
- Calloc () function
- Realloc () function
(b) Write a C programme to check whether a given number is prime or not prime.
8. (a) What are enumerated data types? Explain their declaration and use in programming.
(b) Write a programme in C to prepare bank account of the person by maintaining input/output file.
9. (a) Explain the following:
- Mode of files
- Fgets () and fputs ()
(b) What is pre-processor? Which pre-processor is used to define a macro?
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
- Function prototype
- Call by value and call by reference
- Control statement in C