Printed Pages: 1 Sub Code: RCA403
Paper Id: 214431 Roll No. _____________________
(SEM IV) THEORY EXAMINATION 2017-18
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 70
Note: Attempt all Sections. If require any missing data; then choose suitably.
1. Attempt all questions in brief. 2 x 7 = 14
- What is meant by the term artificial intelligene? How it is different from natural intelligence?
- Discuss branch and bound search algorithms.
- Differentiate between locl search and global search.
- Transform the following formulla to Prenex normal form:
- Define forward chaning and backward chaining with example.
- Explain in brief the concept of reinforcement learning.
- Write a short note on support vector machines.
2. Attempt any three of the folloing: 7 x 3 = 21
- What is an intelligent agent? Discuss any two types of intelligent agents.
- Explain steepest-ascent hill climbing algorithm. What are the problems with hill climbing algorithm?
- Describe Hidden Markov Model with suitable example. Also discuss its role in probabilistic reasoning.
- Discuss Maximum-likelihood parameter learning for complete data with discrete models.
- What do you mean by classification? Discuss the process of classification with the help of a diagram.
3. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Discuss the historical development of artificial intelligence.
- For each of the following agents, develop a PEAS description of the task environment:
- Mathematician’s theorem proving assistant
- Satellite image analysis system
- Internet book shopping agent
- Medical diagnosis system
4. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Discuss simulated annealing search algorithm with its advantages and disadvantages.
- What are the steps to define a problem? Explain. Also discuss various components of a problem.
5. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Discuss algorithm of conversion to clause form Convert the following to clause form using algorithm:
- Explain the concept of Alpha beta pruning. Write alpha beta search algorithm.
6. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- Discuss various application domains of machine learning.
- Descibe major step involved in a learning process. Also discuss how learning systems are classified.
7. Attempt any one part of the folloing: 7 x 1 = 7
- What is pattern recognition? Explain various steps involved in the designing of a pattern recognition system with the help of a diagram.
- Explain nearest neighbour rule used for classification.