Paper code: 13504
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 2.1
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions in all section. Attempt any one question from each Section.
Section-A 7 each
1. (a) What is Algorithm? Explain. Discuss various characteristics of Algorithm.
(b) Draw and explain computer with a neat diagram.
2. Convert the following:
- (11101)2 = (?)2
- (258)10 = (?)16
- (25.2)10 = (?)2
- (48)10 = (?)BCD
3. (a) Explain memory cell.
(b) Differentiate RAM and ROM.
(c) Explain magnetic Hard disk and Floppy disk.
4. (a) Draw and explain computer memory hierarchy with a neat diagram.
(b) What serial access memory ? Explain.
5. (a) What are Registers ? Explain their role in processing.
(b) Convert the following in reverse polish notation :
6. Write the following mathematical expression using :
(i) Three address instructions
(ii) Two address instructions
(iii) One address instructions
(iv) Zero address instructions
7. (a) Compare between the following :
(i) Multiprogramming OS and Multitasking OS
(ii) System software and application software
(b) What are parallel computers ? Explain.
8. What are various generation of Computer ? Explain briefly.
9. Write short notes on any two of the following :5
(i) Application of computers
(ii) Flow charts
(iii) Instruction formats
(iv) ASCII codes