Paper code: 13523
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 3)
Paper No. 2.2
SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 50
Note: Attempt questions from each section as per instructions.
Note: Attempt all the six questions. Each question carries 5 marks.
1. What are the characteristics of a system? Describe.
2. Draw and explain the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model.
3. Define the term “Feasibility”. How to determine whether a project can be feasible or not?
4. Explain the term DFD, data dictionary using any real world example.
5. Describe the procedure for determining the cost/benefit required to implement any project.
6. Differentiate between various types of file organizations with proper examples.
Note: Attempt any five questions. Each question carries 3 marks.
7. How maintenance is performed for any project after its delivery?
8. How to build a good oral presentation?
9. What are the design methodologies for designing a system?
10. Define “Database”. How it should be designed?
11. Explain the various levels of quality assurance.
12. How to perform the system testing? What is a “test-lan”?
13. What short notes on any five of the following:
- Decision tables
- Dimensions of planning
- α-testing and β-testing
- Data validation
- One quality assurance standard