Paper Code: 1305
B.sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 2.2
DIGITAL LOGIC AND COMPUTER DESIGN
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. (a) Convert the decimal number to the base indicated:
- 175 to octal
- 2479 to hexadecimal
- 255 to binary
(b) Explain the open of clocked RS flip-flop.
2. (a) Draw the logic diagram and its truth table of half adder.
(b) Describe the PLA control method of designing a control unit.
3. (a) Write a short note about the various digital logic families.
(b) Obtain the complement of the following Boolean expressions:
4. (a) Explain the following:
- Explain the difference between asynchronous and synchronous sequential circuit.
- Define fundamental-mode operation.
- Explain the difference between stable and unstable states.
- What is the difference between an internal state and a total state.
(b) Explain the critical and non-critical races with the help of examples.
5. (a) Implement half adder using 4 NAND gates.
(b) Implement full sub tractor using NAND gates only.
6. Explain about analysis of clocked sequential circuits in details.
7. (a) Design a serial adder in shift registers.
(b) Write a HDL behavioural description of shift register.
8. (a) Convert the following number with indicated bases to decimal:
(b) Obtains the 1’s and 2’s compliment of the following binary numbers:
9. (a) Implement the following Boolean algebra using AND, OR and Inverter gates:
(b) Using the rules of Boolean algebra, simplify the expressions that follow to the fewest total number of literals:
10. (a) Explain the working of 4-bit asynchronous counter.
(b) Explain the design of Arithmetic Logic unit.