Paper code: 13515
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 2.3
DATA STRUCTURES USING C++
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 34
Note: Attempt five questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) What is the differences between the Procedural or Structures Programming and Object Oriented Programming? Why OOP preferable over procedural programming?
(b) Define the terms: Data hiding Data encapsulation, Data abstraction and Polymorphism, in detail.
2. (a) Define the terms:
(b) What are static variable and function? How do they are differ from instance variables and functions?
3. (a) What is the difference between overloading and overriding function?
(b) Write a C++ function to overload the + operator.
4. What is the difference between class constructor and destructor? Show with suitable examples in C++.
5. (a) What do you understand by data structure? In which categories, they are classified?
(b) Write PUSH and POP function in C-Language simulating PUSH and POP Operations of stack which are implemented by array of integers.
6. (a) Write is C++ function to count the number of items in a queue.
(b) How will you know that a linear queue is full or empty?
7. What is a linked list? What are its advantages over arrays? Explain circular linked list.
8. What is binary search technique? Why is binary search preferred over linear search?
9. Write short notes on:
- Binary search
- Virtual function
- Adjacency list