Paper code: 13517
B.Sc. (Computer Science) (Part 2)
Paper No. 3.2
BUSINESS DATA PROCESSING
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 33
Note: Attempt five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Question No. 1 is compulsory.
1. (a) Explain major business functions such as Finance, Production and Marketing.
(b) Explain Business system and its environment.
2. (a) Explain the System Development Life Cycle.
(b) What is Feasibility Analysis? Explain cost/benefit analysis.
3. (a) What is COBOL? Explain the program structure of COBOL with proper example.
(b) Write a COBOL Program to find the sum of three positive numbers.
4. (a) Differentiate Master file with Transaction file.
(b) Explain with example the following in COBOL:
- IF statement
- iii. MERGING
5. (a) Explain schema and subschema of database management system.
(b) Explain conceptual models of database. Explain with example.
6. (a) Explain relational and Network models of database.
(b) Explain indexed and direct access organizations.
7. Write short notes on any three of the following:
- System maintenance and Review
- System investigation
- Multiple key retrieval and inverted file system
- DDL and DML