Paper code: 13509
B.sc. (Computer Science) (Part 1)
Paper No. 3.3
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 34
Note: Attempt five questions in all selecting at least one question from each Unit.
1. (a) How many type of control organizations are there? Which one is most beneficial for computer system and why?
(b) Define control memory and control word?
2. Define the computer instruction format. What are possible memory reference instructions describe it?
3. What are RISC and CISC? Explain the various characteristics of each in details.
4. (a) Define parallel processing. What are various advantages of parallel processing?
(b) What is pipelining? How many different types of pipelining are there?
5. Show adding or subtracting numbers in signal 2’s compliment representation.
6. (a) Define overflow. How do to select overflow?
(b) Describe the register configuration for floating point operations.
7. Define the following:
- Primary interrupt.
- Vector interrupt.
8. Differentiate between the following.
- Serial data transmission and parallel data transmission.
- Programmed I/O and interrupt initialled I/O.
9. (a) Draw the pin diagram of 8085 microprocessor also write the working of each pin.
10. (a) Define Macros. Write the various uses of macros in 10 instructions.
(b) Define the following:
- Line of code
- Location counted (LC)