Jeff Bezos Founder & CEO of Amazon, world’s #1 richest man.
Fortune’s last list release showed that Amazon ranked eight on the 2018 list of America’s largest companies, with net revenues of USD 177.87 billion.
1. Jeff Bezos net worth is USD 141.9 billion, according to the Forbes World’s Billionaires list showed on Monday 18 June 2018.
2. Now Bill Gates is the second-richest man in the world with USD 92.9 billion, who is the principle founder of Microsoft.
3. Warren Buffet, one of the most successful investors in the world and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway which owns over 60 companies, trailed in the third place with a total of wealth of USD 82.2 billion.
4. Amancio Ortega is the wealthiest man in Europe with net worth of USD 75.8 billion, and co-founded fashion retailer Zara’s parent company Inditex in 1975.
5. Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg founded the website in his Harvard dorm room 13 years ago and has since become one of the richest people in the world with net worth of USD 72 billion. He and his wife, Priscilla Chan, have committed to give away 99% of their wealth before they die.
6. Bernard Arnault net worth of USD 68.7 billion has been the CEO of LVMH, which houses brands such as Louis Vuitton Sephora, and Dom Perignon, since 1989.
7. Carlos Slim Helu is the richest man in Mexico with net worth of USD 67.6 billion. Carlos Slim Helu controls Latin America’s largest mobile telecom firm.
8. Larry Ellison co-founded the software company Oracle in 1977. Ellison stepped down as CEO in 2014. His Net worth of USD 60.4 billion.
9. Larry Page is the CEO and co-founder of Google sits at number nine with a net worth of USD 52.2 billion.
Amazon is a world wide company, which provide a platform of online retailing to sellers and customers.
Now it is second most valuable company in the world after Apple.
Jeff Bezos sent hos annual letter to the company’s shareholders, which includes the following headlines-
1. Jeff Bezos mentioned India in his letter to the company’s shareholders.
2. Alexa learns ‘Hindi‘ and ‘Japanese‘ by using machine translation and transfer learning techniques.
3. On Amazon Prime Videos, we are launching new seasons of ‘Bosch and Sneaky Pete‘ form the US, ‘The Grand Tour‘ from the UK, and ‘You Are Wanted‘ from Germany, ‘Sentosha‘ and ‘Breathe‘ from Japan and the award-wining ‘Inside Edge‘ from India.
4. Amazon.in is the fastest-growing marketplace in India.
5. According to Quoting conScore and SimilarWeb data, Amazon is the most visited website on both desktop and mobile.
6. The Amazon.in mobile shopping app was also the most downloaded shopping app in India in 2017.
7. Amazon Prime added more members in India in its first year than any previous geography in Amazon’s history.
8. Prime selection in India now includes more than 40 million local products from third party sellers, and Prime Video is investing in India original video content in a big way, including two recent premiers and over a dozen new shows in production.